The Microsoft Windows 7 operating system has been designed for delivering better speeds than its predecessors. However, as time passes by, the laptop/PC might tend to get slower. This is not exactly the fault of the OS. As the matter of fact, it is a common problem faced by many operating systems.
Visual and Sound Related
1. Using minimal Visual EffectsDisabling certain (or all) visual effects can definitely enhance performance. To disable visual effects, do the following:
- Press Windows key and while holding it down, press Pause/Break key.
- In the window that appears, click on Advanced system settings in the left side pane.
- In the Advanced tab, under Performance Section, click on Settings
- In the Performance Options window (refer figure) that appears, under Visual Effects tab, disable the options that you do not need. Or simply selecting ‘Adjust for best performance‘ will disable all options.
- After disabling the option, click Apply and then OK.