The Voices Behind Voice-overs
* The tagline voiceover for Ted Turner’s news network.
* The leader of African wildlife in “The Lion King”
His signature basso voice wasn’t always stellar. The Mississippi-born actor spent his early years ridding himself of a speech disorder.
English voice in GPS device
The Philadelphia native lived in an Asian country for several years after studying the language at Harvard University. Before being the voice in millions of passenger cars, she hosted a weekly radio series with a legendary smooth-soul balladeer.
VH1’s ‘Behind the Music’
* The History Channel
* The Travel Channel’s “When Vacations Attack”
* A popular Lifetime sitcom
He was formerly a veteran broadcast journalist at a New England news station and covered major stories in New Mexico and Los Angeles.
‘America’s Most Wanted’
* The announcer for the National Hockey League’s D.C. team.
* Voiceover for Lucien Lachance and Gray Fox in a popular role-playing video game.
* A nefarious character in the video game “Fallout 3.”
The married father and cartoonist was the last co-host of a radio icon who was well-known TV show narrator himself.
‘This tape will self-destruct’
‘Law and Order’
* Characters in the popular animated series, “Family Guy”
* “The Rugrats Movie”
* Narration on a baseball video documentary
The New England resident served in the state legislature before L&O creator Dick Wolf made him an offer he didn’t refuse.
‘Desperate Housewives’ narrator Brenda Strong
The Oregon high school graduate represented another Western state in the Miss America pageant. Like another “Desperate Housewives” co-star, she has split from her husband.
The P.I. in ‘Charlies’ Angels’
* Was the silver-haired patriarch Blake Carrington of a hit 1980s drama series.
* Played the evil judge in “And Justice for All.”
‘King of the Movie Trailers’
His iconic booming baritone made him among the wealthiest voice actors in the world. He was such an American cultural touchstone that he participated in satirical characterizations, as in an episode of the animated series “Family Guy.”