Carol Burnett returns to 'All My Children'
Carol Burnett returns to 'All My Children'. Carol Burnett has been a long-time fan of "All My Children" - so much so that creator/writer Agnes Nixon created a role for Burnett almost 30 years ago. Verla Grubbs made her debut in April 1983 as the long-lost Langley Wallingford (the late Louis Edmonds) who caused trouble for her stepmother Phoebe Tyler-Wallingford (the late Ruth Warrick). Burnett appeared multiple times on the show in the early 1980s. Burnett reprised her role in 1995 for the 25th anniversary and again in a cameo role in 2005 for the 35th anniversary of the ABC soap. Now Burnett is back as part of the last few weeks leading up to the series finale on Sept. 23.

"It is our honor and pleasure to welcome back Carol Burnett to Pine Valley. Verla Grubbs is a beloved member of the 'All My Children' family and we look forward to reprising her character," says Julie Hanan Carruthers, executive producer of "All My Children."